HbH is hiring!
Job Title: Project Manager
Date of Announcement: September 29, 2017
Applications Due: October 20, 2017
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: New Orleans, LA
About Home by Hand, Inc.
Home by Hand is a 501c3 nonprofit housing and community development organization based in New Orleans, LA. The mission of Home by Hand is to improve neighborhoods and increase the skills and wealth of low- and moderate-income households by employing affordable housing and community revitalization best practices. Home by Hand works to accomplish its mission by:
· building the skills and assets of low-to-moderate-income individuals and families by engaging them in the multi-faceted process of becoming homeowners and building wealth for themselves and the generations that follow;
· reducing blight and improving property values and the quality of life for all of the residents in the neighborhoods where we work by building high-quality, in-fill housing on vacant lots; and
· using on-the-ground practices and experience to inform the national housing and community development field and innovate new programs and policies that can strengthen the field’s work and improve outcomes in distressed communities throughout the country.
Home by Hand is governed by a 9-member board of directors and operated by a full-time staff of 4. Currently, the primary focus is the development of single-family homes in the Gentilly neighborhood of New Orleans. Home by Hand also collaborates with other nonprofits and small businesses on a variety of neighborhood improvement efforts including: anti-blight and affordable housing advocacy, stormwater management landscaping, tree planting, and neighborhood marketing events. While most of Home by Hand’s work is local, the organization is incorporated as a national entity. It is the desire of the board and staff to eventually work in multiple locations as a technical assistance provider and/or developer.
Project Manager Position Summary
Home by Hand is seeking a project manager with experience in the residential construction sector. The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representation summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
· manage various projects undertaken by the organization such as, construction management, energy efficiency compliance, storm water management, volunteer management, and community outreach,
· establish and maintain relationships with contractors and sub contractors to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within the scope of work and within budget,
· measure project performance and quality control using appropriate systems, tools and techniques,
· create and maintain comprehensive project documentation,
· conduct quality control site visits for inspections of work and invoice certification,
· work with Home by Hand Staff on marketing, pre development and close out of projects,
· involvement in the creation and administration of new projects.
Home by Hand seeks an experienced, and motivated project manager with a background in residential single-family housing construction and at least 3 years of project management experience.
An ideal project manger would be a motivated individual who takes initiative and has proven work experience as a project administrator in the development sector. Candidates should have excellent time management skills and be capable of multi-tasking. A project manager will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day, as you will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis. A working knowledge of residential single-family construction best practices and experience in the areas of energy efficiency and storm mitigation are preferred. Home by Hand maintains a very collegial office environment. Staff convenes regularly to plan projects, discuss strategy and resolve issues. Candidates must have verbal communication skills and be comfortable working within a small group environment.
Salary and Benefits
Home by Hand offers a competitive salary, paid time off, employer paid health insurance plan, and a pleasant work environment.
How to apply
Please email a cover letter (no more than 2-pages), resume and three references to:
All submitted materials will be kept confidential.
Applications must be received by October 20, 2017
Equal Opportunity Employer: Home by Hand is an equal opportunity employer.